Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Few Fellow Students at a Basketball Game

Tonight, there was a big basketball game against our obvious arch-rival, Kenston. While at the game, I noticed that several of my fellow AP English classmates were in attendance. They were Kelly, Jillian, Alex K. and Hurtuk. Also there were John, Sam and Joseph, but since they were on the basketball team, I didn't observe them. So while watching the game, I decided to observe my four classmates outside of their natural element of AP English. I felt like I was a photographer in the jungle, stalking rare animals ouside of their natural habitat. First off, we have Kelly. Upon arriving, Kelly made her first of two AP English references during the game. It was, "Ciabotti! Guess what?!" to which I responded, of course, "what?!" and her excited response was, " I finished my data sheet!!" The first thing she said was in regards to an AP English paper, and nothing about saying hello, or addressing the intensity of the game. Her next reference came as the clock for the game came down to 1.5 seconds, and we were down by two. "Oh boy, I'm more stressed right now than I was for English. Wow!" Outside of her natural element of English class, Kelly was quite interested in bringing up English topics, and cheering quite loudly for Joseph Sitzwol. Romance brewing? Who knows. Maybe I'll find out after further research. Then there was Jillian. Oh Jillian. When not being the little lovable awkward turtle that she is, Kelly and I discussed ways that she was awkward. How she appearently screamed while watching "Shutter Island" today, when the part wasn't even scary, or her voice cracking cheers for John or Sam, and we even discussed the possibility of getting a large group of people to all blog about her awkwardness. With the additional observation of Jillian's lovable awkwardness climbing exponentially from what Ive heard of her English classroom, to out in the real world, our AP English references for the night (from 7:30 to 9:00 roughly) added up to a total of 6. Then we spotted Kreger. Perching across the gym, not in the student section, but leaning against the doorway to the Kenston side of the gym, laughing to himself about something. A reference to English was made at his awkward standing alone ness, but I am failing to remember what it was. A few minutes later, out popped Hurtuk, right next to Kreger. Hurtuk's situation was the same as Alex's... except... he had a yo-yo.... and he wasn't even playing with it. He was just letting it hang there. Still attached to his finger, stretched out all the way.... just.... hanging there. To break his concentration of letting the yo yo just hang there, Kelly decided to text him, "Sick Yo Yo". While commenting on Kreger and Hurtuk's sketchiness, I'd say out English references came out to around 10. In an hour and a half. Wow. I'm glad we were all at a basketball game, and still could not put AP English out of our minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment