Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dynamics

Yesterday, as I walked out of our 3rd period English class, I found myself saying hi to a few of my friends in Ms. Serensky's 4th period Words, Words, Words class. As I walked away, I found myself wondering, what's the dynamic like in that class? I've never seen Ms. Serensky have to truly discipline anyone for talking or disrupting the class in my English classes (with very smart and well reserved students), so how does she handle certain individuals the NEVER EVER would have been in her classroom if not for Words. Now, no offense to those people, for I like alot of them, but I'm interested to know how Ms. Serensky deals with them. PJ for example. When he laughs, the whole class laughs, stopping work. What is the solution? Does Serensky just use the "stare, eyebrow clinch and head tilt" technique to intimidate him back to silence? Or does she break out a whip and start making threats? or better yet, does she threaten her students that she will commence with a Thomas-esque "Dear Journal" session, but with the unruly students name opposed to Thomas's. Then I think, what's the atmosphere like? Is it intense, like how it is during an in class writing, or is the mood more jovial, along the lines of the mood of an extra credit game? I'm confused and intrigued to see how Ms. Serensky deals with students who are not physically inclined to do work, and allow 80% of their alotted homework time for the work of her class. Now, given that the expectations are obviously different, I would like to observe the different dynamics in the two types of classes. The next class Serensky should teach, Regular Freshman English. Now that, would be an interesting dynamic.

No comments:

Post a Comment