Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Fat Pill?


Today in class, Haley mentioned how her family calls pop tarts "fat pills" because they are so high in fat. This caused me to think of the website thisiswhyyourefat.com, and also imagine what a fat pill could possibly be. So, I did some research. I visited the site, (whose slogan is: "where dreams become heart attacks") and started scrolling through some of the pictures they had. Up first on the list of vomit inducing items they had featured on their website were a grilled cheese birthday cake, birthday cake french toast, a donut and pulled pork sandwich, and a poptart ice cream sandwich. I wanted to stop looking at all the pictures, but I just couldn't. It was repulsive, but also addictive. I went to the next page. I threw up. First, there was the Philly taco (a philly cheesesteak sandwich wrapped in a piece of cheese pizza), bacon spam footballs (spam stuffed with cheese, wrapped in bacon and then deep fried), chocolate covered bacon with sprinkles (self-explanatory) and my personal most disgusting and gut wrenching favorite: Deep Fried Recees cups wrapped in bacon. Are you kidding me people? Honestly, do people eat this stuff?! No wonder America is so obese... its because people sit around all day and eat chips with Whopper dip (3 whoppers with extra maynoasie and ketchup pureed) and eat anything they can get their hands on and then wrap it in bacon, deep fry it, then dip it in chocolate. Come on people. This is disgusting. I may vomit just thinking about this. These things are the real life "fat pills". Pop tarts seem like next to veggies in healthiness when compared to this stuff. Yuck. (Every item I have mentioned, there is a picture on thisiswhyyourefat.com)

Whopper Dip
Recees cups wrapped in bacon the deep fried

Bacon Bouquet

Corn Dogs dipped in chocolate and sprinkles

Riblets wrapped in bacon, stuffed with stuffing inside of a chicken wrapped in bacon, then stuffed into a duck with more stuffing, then wrapped in bacon, then stuffed with more  stufing into a turkey, with more added bacon, and then slow cooked for 7 hours

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Katie, thank for taking me on that detailed journey, it quite messed with my stomach. I also like the second-to-last photo with a shirtless nasty man in the background, it solidifies your mention of the obesity epidemic. Way to go America, let's keep this bacon wrapped craze going until no one can move anymore.

    ReplyDelete