Total Pageviews

Monday, April 18, 2011

The Exposure

Although many of my peers prefer the common multiple choice game at their favorite day in AP English 12, I prefer myself to be a bit more original. My favorite day in AP English, has been a compialation of any of the days where Ms. Serensky has harrassed or mocked any of my fellow students. I feel that the uncomfortable tension between Ms. Serensky and the person she mocks remains a great thing to observe as a bystander. One day in particular where I almost fell out of my chair from laughing so hard, was the day Jimmy tried to strip in front of Ms. Serensky. Some would have called Jimmy's behavior, "savage madness" (Othello, 84) but some people thought better of him, that it was just an accident. Now, "I'm usually not the smartest kid in the room, but even I could figure out something was wrong there" (Everything Matters! 44). We all laughed at Ms. Serensky's comments about Jimmy being the student who would be known forever as the student that had sexually harassed Ms. Serensky. That day, we had gone on with our discussion as usual, but we all could not stop looking from Jimmy to Ms. Serensky from time to time and breaking into giggles. Jimmy kept claiming it had been an accident and that he was sorry, but only received more and more comments from Ms. Serensky and the class. Ms. Serensky finally had to end the arguement with something along the lines of, "Well, I won't argue about the matter" (Importance of Being Earnest, 15). This day I remember I left the classroom with my cheeks achey from laughing and smiling so much, that is why its my favorite.

1 comment:

  1. Katie, I too rather enjoy Ms. Serensky's harassing of other students, I find nothing quite as amusing or enjoyable. However I did go for the multiple choice game simply because it is a full period of enjoyable moments, where as Ms. Serensky rarely harasses students for a full period. It is quite a pity really. Of course you picked the perfect day for your blog though, Jimmy's stripping for Ms Serensky was legendary.

    ReplyDelete