Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Snow Day Email v Getting into College

One of the topics discussed in class last week was the lovely notification email that Ms. Serensky sends us on snow days. In my email account, I receive only emails from colleges, and Ms. Serensky. I feel the importance is unusually even. College acceptances and notification emails are right up there in importance and intimidation with our reading assignments for the week. Why is this? Is it the tone of the email? No way. Glee references and funny blog entries about back pain make the email very light and non threatening. But yet the thought of the email makes me quite nervous. Seeing an email that tells me whether or not I got into Northeastern, and an email regarding the reading assignments and schedule for the week are relatively of the same importance. I have trouble deciding which one to open first. I feel like English class right now is just more important than finding out about colleges. Maybe its the importance of reading assignments, which leads to the importance of discussion points, which leads to my final english grade, which in effect, leads to me getting into college. Reading Ms. Serensky's emails or opening the emails from colleges first is a constant dilemma for me. What to do?!

1 comment:

  1. This post presents a very interesting question because I too receive college emails and the snow day emails to the same account. When I see that I received new mail I question which I hope it will be, mail from a college or from Ms. Serensky with the reading. In all honesty I probably hope the latter is true because I feel that relieves more stress.

    ReplyDelete