Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 5, 2010

oh no.

As everyone knows, we are given 2 blog assignments for one week. Normally, the first of the two is completed in the Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday range, in an effort to keep the procrastination level down to a minimum, and then the second is completed at some point over the weekend. So, now it's Sunday. The last day of blog-writing oppurtunity for the week, and as of five minutes ago, I had not even started one of my blogs yet. I've felt many different emotions in regards to my procrastination of blogging this week, and here they are.
1. Paranoia
Before going to bed on school nights where I had not done a blog, I lay awake thinking, "oh no, I have to do my blog!" but then not wanting to get out of bed to go do it. Then, whenever I am on the computer doing something else, I see people like Emily Hellwig's and Jillian Ertel's faces in my head and think, "oh, they are probably already done with their blogs, and I haven't even started one" I then proceed in seeing faces of my classmates and that of Ms. Serensky, all sporting looks of disapproval and shaking heads swirling around me. Then quickly, I run away from the computer in an effort to escape my demon AP English thoughts.
2. Regret
When discussing what we have blogged, and friends ask what I have blogged this week, and I say "nothing yet" I get deep looks of disapproval. I get lots of raised eyebrows and tightened lips, all judging my lack of blogging for laziness or stupidity, when it is really just innocent procrastination.
3. Anxiety
Of course, Sunday, which usually is the longest day of the week, on this particular day goes by ridiculously fast. With sleeping in, chores and other activities, it is already 4 oclock when I begin my first blog entry. I then go into a state of panic when my computer screen refuses to open the internet window. What if I don't have time to write 2? What if I can't think of what to write about? Why did I leave both my blogs until the last minute???!?! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Oh no, come on, what?! My computer is not working?! AHHHHH!! (dry heaving/anxiety attack/seizure) Must. Write. Blogs. Oh. No. Followed then by an annoyed brother coming out of his room, "Katie, what are you doing you freak?" Don't distract me John. Must Blog. "Ew, psycho" he walks away.

Finally, my computer starts working, and I get to finishing my first blog entry for the week. But what about the second one....

No comments:

Post a Comment